Perform all duties required to maintain the College’s electrical system and associated equipment. Taking direction from the Master Electrician, perform work and/or distribute and oversee work performed by Trades Helpers when applicable.
1. Utilizing the work order management system, maintain all electrical equipment, repairing/ replacing as required.
2. Effectively investigate and identify electrical problems while developing plans to repair and maintain the electrical systems throughout the college
3. Perform Preventive Maintenance on all applicable electrical equipment and systems throughout the campus.
4. Maintain all the College’s life safety systems, i.e. Fire alarms, and all emergency lighting systems.
5. Contribute to a safe work environment and where applicable, ensure co-workers are knowledgeable and properly trained in the use of all equipment used by the department.
6. Install new wiring, power, and controls.
7. Install specialty lighting when required.
8. Supervise and train staff when assigned.
9. Exercise sound judgment when using equipment and chemicals, using approved safety standards and precautions.
10. Evaluate and make recommendations about improvements to service.
11. Respond to all requests and complaints in a professional, courteous and timely manner.
12. Operate college vehicles in a safe and reasonable manner.
1. Ability to organize and prioritize workload with minimal/no supervision to meet deadlines.
2. Ability to comprehend electrical blueprints and schematics.
3. Ability to identify, troubleshoot and repair electrical failures.
4. Ability to work from ladders and staging without fear of height.
5. Ability to communicate well, with strong writing and interpersonal skills.
6. Ability to read, understand, and follow oral and written instructions.
7. Ability to lift and move heavy furniture, packages and equipment.
8. Knowledge of safety and OSHA requirements.
9. Ability to work independently, resolve problems, and function as part of a team.
Wheaton is a private coeducational liberal arts college within easy commuting distance of Boston and Providence. We have nearly 1,700 undergraduates from 40 U.S. States and more than 70 countries. Wheaton College is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer and does not discriminate against any individual or group on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, race, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, genetic information, or disability.