Location: Upton, New York
Internal Number: 7206_en-us
We seek a Construction Project Manager to join our team. In this role, you will be an integral part of the project delivery process and will have full responsibility for interpreting, organizing, executing, and coordinating construction projects designed and managed by MPO. All work will be managed in coordination with MPO engineers, inspectors, facility support personnel, and ESH to support the timely completion of work. You will report to the Manager of Construction Services within MPO and provide leadership, organization, and resource management to a diverse portfolio of projects and contractors.
Join the BNL and become part of a team who continues to build and improve the facilities for scientific discovery!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
As MPO's Construction Project Manager, you will:
- Oversee conventional construction of building modifications (architectural, mechanical, civil structural, electrical and fire protection) in coordination with the MPO Project Management Group and Engineering teams.
- Works with the Project Manager to bid and contract the construction services required for the project in accordance with BNL policies.
- Coordinate construction efforts with all MPO task order contractors, vendors, and different trades to facilitate a seamless schedule and efficient use of contractor resources for BNL.
- Responsible for the day-to-day coordination and execution of work on multiple projects with support from design engineers.
- Will work with the Project Manager on large scale construction projects to execute the design in coordination with the contractor and project requirements.
- Will facilitate, track, implement, and be responsible for all BNL required badging, training, permitting/ planning for the project(s) including but not limited to hot work permits, digging permits, rad work permits, fall plans, rigging plan, and confined space plans.
- Will review, distribute, and assure that all submittals and RFI's are received, answered, and distributed to the correct individuals and inspectors for all assigned work.
- Will identify change orders and will work with the Project Manager to assist in issuing changes to the contract.
- Will be out in the field 60-70% of the day coordinating and reviewing work.
- Will coordinate all inspections of the project work with the MPO inspectors to assure a seamless schedule.
- Will participate in safety walkdowns of all upcoming work and will assist in any incident investigations.
- Identify and lead improvement initiatives and opportunities to streamline processes.
- Ensure the right level of design, review, and oversight is applied to ensure MPO projects are constructed in a code compliant manner for our science customers.
- Create successful partnerships with directorate management, scientific and operational personnel, advisory groups and other program representatives to support initiatives with common efforts.
- Collaborate with management teams and staff to increase efficiencies, decrease costs, improve safety, and engage in driving performance improvement.
The selected candidate will be placed at the appropriate professional level dependent upon depth and breadth of relevant knowledge and skills, as well as years of relevant experience.
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes, but is not limited to: