The primary accountabilities below are intended to describe the general content of and requirements of this position and are not intended to be an exhaustive statement of duties.
Performs routine and preventive maintenance and repair, modify, replace and install a wide variety of low and high voltage electrical and non-medical electronic fixed or portable equipment/systems for both existing facilities and those under renovation. Reads, understands and interprets blueprints, drawings, floor plans, schedules and manufacturers operating and/or maintenance specifications as they relate to electrical, mechanical, plumbing, HVAC and special equipment, building structures and finishes. May be called upon to perform or assist in completion of work of other maintenance personnel including, but not limited to, HVAC mechanics, maintenance technicians, general mechanics, plumbers, carpenters, sheet metal workers, masons, plasterers, painters, etc. Responds to requests for emergency as well as routine maintenance and service from building occupants. May use departmental specific software for time keeping and email. To conform to productivity standards established in the American Hospital Association table of standards.
- Maintains electrical equipment according to standard procedures, diagrams and/or manufacturer.
- Complies with all organizational guidelines, policies and procedures as well as related safety manuals and directives. Complies with all applicable federal, state and regulatory agency mandates: OSHA, EPA, ADEM, JCAHO, etc. Conforms to productivity standards as set forth in the American Hospital Association table of standards.
- Performs a variety of general to skilled maintenance procedures: alters and repairs machines, equipment and/or facilities; alters, maintains and repairs steam, gas, water, air and sanitary plumbing pipes and fixtures; repairs and replaces valves, repairs leaks and clears drains. Performs general welding; bends, cuts, reams and threads pipe. Performs routine maintenance duties: repairs extension cords; replaces fuses, fluorescent ballasts and tubes; cleans and lubricates motors; cleans sinks and grease traps; repairs drape pull mechanisms and related items.
- Services and repairs heating, air conditioning and refrigeration equipment: fans, motors, radiators, pumps, thermostats, dampers and regulating controls.
- Must be self-directed/self-motivated
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform a variety of duties often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure
- Ability to work an on-call work schedule
- Must be able to accept responsibility for the direction, control and planning of one's own work
- Must be able to work independently
- Ability to operate a hand-held device to complete work orders
- Ability to recognize the rights and responsibilities of patient confidentiality
- Must be able to communicate effectively with people from every socioeconomic, cultural and educational background; (8) exhibit flexibility and cope effectively in an ever-changing, fast-paced healthcare environment
- Ability to perform effectively when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual or dangerous situations
- Ability to demonstrate the quality work ethic of doing the right thing the right way
- Must be able to maintain a customer focus and strive to satisfy the customer's perceived needs.
- Required to possess the necessary physical requirements, with or without the aid of mechanical devices, to safely perform the duties and responsibilities that require performing tasks requiring wearing respirator and other personal protective equipment, such as self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), to include:
- Lifting and carrying a minimum of fifty (50) pounds.
- Climbing stairs, ladders and scaffolding, and working at heights above thirty (30) feet.
- Performing tasks requiring bending, stooping, kneeling, and walking significant distances between and within buildings on campus.
- Working in a healthcare environment
- Working in confined spaces.
- Working within extreme temperature ranges.
Work Schedule: Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including on-call, to meet the needs of the Hospital and department.
Hourly Pay Range: $21.80 - $27.17 (Commensurate with experience & qualifications), plus incentives for current Electrician Master Card and NICET FAS II certifications upon hire.