Coles-Moultrie Electric Cooperative, with its headquarters located in Mattoon Illinois, is currently seeking applicants for the position Information Technology Technician. This is an hourly position that falls under the IBEW 702 Collective Bargaining Agreement. This position will require some after-hours flexibility as needed. Coles-Moultrie Electric Cooperative is an innovative community-minded energy Cooperative. We embrace change, support new ideas and constantly look for ways to improve our quality of service to our members.
Coles-Moultrie Electric Cooperative offers a competitive salary and benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance options, retirement and 401(k). Coles-Moultrie Electric Cooperative observes 11 holidays that are paid.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Information Technology Technician is to assist the Director of IT in the daily operation and maintenance of the load management systems, metering, sub-metering, and IT needs.
1. Install, maintain, and remove load management switches, meters and meter bases.
2. To receive and respond to after-hours calls related to Load Management devices, and IT needs.
3. Keep supervisor informed at all times of matters important to the Cooperative.
4. Coordinates with personnel to assist with power quality issues.
5. Maintains courteous and cooperative relationships with the membership, which will create goodwill. Responds to inquiries and complaints.
6. Maintains relationships with outside vendors to be informed of technology changes and updates on the performance of equipment pertinent to the operation and maintenance of the Cooperative’s IT assets and systems.
7. Works with PC’s, Servers, employees, and membership to assist with IT needs.
8. Assists with installs, and maintenance of office data cabling, and IT hardware.
9. Assists in planning, designing, and troubleshooting network systems.
10. Assists employees with cellular phones, data devices, and software and device training.
11. Prepares reports as needed.
12. Installs and configures hardware and software components to ensure usability.
13. Assists with troubleshooting hardware and software issues.
14. Ensures that electrical safety standards are met.
15. Repairs and replaces damaged hardware.
16. Works closely with others in the Information Technology Department and assists as needed.
17. Performs tests and evaluations on new software and hardware.
18. Assists in managing technical documentation.
19. Assists Operations and Engineering as needed during major outage events.
20. Performs other IT duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- The following courses, equivalent experience, or proficiency are also required:
- 2 years relevant experience in the Information Technology Industry, and /or Information Technology degree required
- The ability to learn AC/DC circuitry
- The ability to learn metering
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Live within 30 miles of the Cooperative.
- Ability to obtain necessary certificates as required or requested.
- Must be able to safely perform basic electrical installations and modifications according to code requirements.
- Attend training and/or courses relating to the area of work (overnight stay may be required)
- Must possess teamwork skills.
- Possess the ability to solve problems and work with a high level of accuracy.
- Works with honest and integrity, strong overall work ethic.
- Punctual attendance with a flexible and adaptive personality.
- Must pass a pre-employment screening, physical requirements and drug screen.