A Senior Construction Inspector at East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) performs lead and/or quality assurance inspection of contracted construction projects for water/wastewater treatment, pumping, storage, and distribution facilities to ensure quality and compliance with approved plans and specifications. This position requires construction supervision or field inspection expertise in a variety of disciplines including mechanical, civil and structural, electrical and instrumentation, control systems, and underground pipeline construction. Senior Construction Inspectors are part of the EBMUD construction management team that is responsible for overseeing major capital infrastructure renewal and development throughout the East Bay.
Typical responsibilities may include: • Inspecting construction contracts related to water/wastewater collection, transmission, treatment, storage, and distribution facilities. • Reviewing contract plans and specifications for constructability. • Ensuring compliance of the contract plans and specifications by the contractor. • Ensuring overall project quality and proper safety practices. • Directing the work of EBMUD and consultant construction inspectors. • Performing specialized inspections including mechanical systems, medium voltage and general electrical systems, process controls, structural steel, welding, special coatings, and complex structural concrete. • Preparing complete inspection reports and project files. • Coordinating with EBMUD’s staff on system shutdowns, testing, and startup, and any other work that has operational impacts.
The salary range is $10,038 per month, increasing to $10,540, $11,067, $11,620 and $12,201 after 6, 18, 30, and 42 months, respectively.
EBMUD offers an excellent benefits program that includes: paid vacation, holidays and sick leave; family health insurance coverage; family dental and vision care plans; retirement plan (reciprocal with CalPERS); 401(k), 401(a) and 457(b) tax-deferred retirement plans; transit subsidy; tuition reimbursement; and opportunities for professional growth including training and career development.
Submit a completed EBMUD application and the required supplemental question responses online at www.ebmud.com/jobs by 4:30 p.m., Friday, August 5, 2022. Only application materials submitted online during the filing period will be accepted.
EBMUD is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability www.ebmud.com
1. Completion of the twelfth grade or its equivalent; AND 2. Five years of responsible field inspection experience on municipal/industrial type projects involving civil, structural, electrical, instrumentation, and mechanical experience, including three years at a level equivalent to EBMUD’s Construction Inspector classification. 3. Must possess a California driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record. 4. Must possess the physical characteristics to perform the critical and important duties of the job. Must be willing to work outdoors in a variety of conditions and to perform inspections in confined spaces. Must be willing to work long and unusual hours and to work overtime as required. May be required to travel on overnight in-plant inspection trips out of the immediate area.
The most competitive candidates will also have experience in construction supervision of municipal, commercial, or industrial type projects.
Please note: EBMUD requires all employees to provide written proof of vaccination. Those employees with sincerely held religious beliefs or valid medical reasons, as determined by EBMUD, will be exempt from vaccination requirements. Contact EBMUD Human Resources for additional questions.
East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) has a proud history of providing high-quality drinking water for 1.4 million customers in Alameda and Contra Costa counties. The District’s award-winning wastewater treatment protects San Francisco Bay and serves 685,000 customers.
To manage the natural resources with which the District is entrusted; to provide reliable, high quality water and wastewater services at fair and reasonable rates for the people of the East Bay; and to preserve and protect the environment for future generations.
The principles used in accomplishing this mission are:
• Exercise responsible financial management
• Ensure fair and reasonable rates and charges
• Provide responsive quality customer service
• Promote ethical behavior in the conduct of District business
• Ensure fair and open processes involving the public
• Provide a healthy work environment
• Promote diversity and equality in personnel matters and contracting
• Promote environmental, economic, and social sustainability
The Strategic Plan is a blueprint for how EBMUD will respond to future challenges and changing priorities. It reaffirms our mission and pr...inciples as a public utility dedicated to high quality service and preservation of our precious resources for future generations. It also outlines the specific goals, strategies, and objectives we will pursue to meet those future challenges and establishes some key performance indicators to measure our progress.
EEO/Accommodation Statement: If you need an accommodation to apply for any jobs at East Bay Municipal Utility District, call (510) 287-0735 anytime between 8:00 am and 4:30 pm, Monday thru Friday.
EBMUD is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital or registered domestic partnership status, age for individuals over forty years of age, national origin, ancestry, disability (mental or physical, including AIDS and HIV), medical condition (cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, sexual orientation, military and veterans status, family or medical leave status, pregnancy, pregnancy disability leave status, or any other status protected by federal, state and/or local laws.
Line of Business
East Bay Municipal Utility District (EBMUD) is a public utility formed under California’s Municipal Utility District Act. EBMUD supplies water and provides wastewater treatment for parts of Alameda and Contra Costa counties in the East San Francisco Bay Area. EBMUD’s water systems serves approximately 1.3 million people in 332-square-mile area: and the wastewater system serves approximately 650,000 people in an 88-square-mile area.
Headquartered in Oakland, EBMUD is governed by a seven-member Board of Directors elected from wards within the service area. The Board determines overall policies, which are then implemented under the direction of the Board appointed General Manager. EBMUD employs nearly 2,000 employees at locations throughout the East San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento, Stockton, Camanche and Pardee Reservoir areas. Explore the different careers paths available at EBMUD with descriptions of skills, experience, education, certifications and licenses needed to move and grow within the organization!
EBMUD offers employees a wide range of benefits and programs designed to suit their individual needs and promote balance between their work and everyday lives. Our excellent benefits package includes:
• 12 days paid vacation; 15 holidays; 13 days paid sick leave;
• Family health insurance (choice of Kaiser fully paid or Health Net or Anthem Blue Cross 85% paid);
• Fully paid family dental and vision care plans; life insurance; long-term disability insurance;
• EBMUD Retirement Plan (reciprocal with CalPERS);
• $905/yr. contributed to flexible spending account or cash;
• $105/mo. public transit subsidy;
• 401(k), 401(a) and 457(b) tax-deferred retirement plans; Roth 401(k);
• $3,500/yr. tuition reimbursement;
• And opportunities for professional growth including training and career development.
You can read more about our employee benefits program at http://www.ebmud.com/jobs/job-resources/employee-benefits-program/.