Wolverine Power Cooperative is seeking an organized and detail-oriented individual to join the team as a Construction Inspector. As Wolverine's construction inspector will be responsible for the oversight of Wolverine construction projects with respect to scope, schedule, and budget. They will examine, coordinate, and communicate with regards to the work of outside construction crews and provide project management support for construction and upgrade projects in the construction work plan
Who is Wolverine? Wolverine is a wholesale, member-owned generation and transmission electric cooperative headquartered in Cadillac, Michigan. Wolverine generates and transmits electricity to its seven member-owners to provide electric power to 268,000 member consumers located throughout Michigan's Lower Peninsula. Incorporated as a not-for-profit cooperative, Wolverine's mission since its original charter in 1948 is to provide outstanding service to its members by delivering reliable, competitive power supply. Wolverine is governed by a board of directors elected by the member-owners.
Wolverine employs 170 people, owns and operates 7 generation plants, nearly 200 stations and substations, and 1,600 miles of transmission line. Wolverine is Michigan's leader in new renewable energy and is poised for significant growth in the next decade.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Review design and oversee execution of assigned projects to ensure their safe and efficient completion on time and within budget.
• Oversee construction of assigned projects including the inspection of work activities at job sites for efficiency, safety and compliance to regulations and design documents.
• Participate in the negotiations and selection of trade contractors and general contractors.
• Prepare detailed construction schedules and progress reports for all assigned projects and maintenance activities.
• Ensure that all safety requirements are adhered to by all employees and contractors.
• Coordinate work schedule, checkouts, and material deliveries of new facilities for assigned projects
• Participate in the opening and close-out of construction projects with the project manager
• Participate and provide feedback by attending scoping meetings and design reviews of upcoming construction projects.
• Ensure as-built drawings are produced and delivered to the CAD department.
• Perform any and all other relevant job tasks assigned by management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Bachelor of Science degree in engineering, construction management, or other related discipline, or other relevant field or utility experience deemed acceptable to Wolverine.
• Five years of related work experience in the utility industry.
• Experience working with contractors or vendors.
• The ability to manage construction of multiple projects while coordinating and meeting deadlines.
• Solid analytical, verbal, and written communication, and collaboration skills.
• Self-motivated to stay on task without consistent oversight.
• Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to understand engineering plans, interpret data, and act effectively upon data presented.
If you are looking for a fresh career opportunity and these tasks sound inviting to you, please apply online today. Wolverine Power Cooperative offers a competitive salary and a generous benefit package.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.