Great careers are built at Banner Health. There???s more to health care than doctors and nurses. We support all staff members as they find the path that???s right for them. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
Banner Baywood is seeking a Senior Plant Mechanic to join their Facility Operations Team at Banner Gateway. This is a day shift position 5am - 330pm with rotating weekeends. The team??is looking for someone who??is hard working and demonstrates Banner core values.
Currently offering a $5,000 Sign on Bonus for experienced Plant Mechanics!
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefits to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for conducting preventative and corrective work to the facility center???s operations of the power plant and facility infrastructure equipment including, mechanical equipment boilers, co-generator engines, chillers and emergency generators. Reviews construction and remodeling projects and contracted mechanical work for code compliance and compatibility to existing mechanical and electrical systems. Oversees the monitoring of the facilities automated systems including tube transport, fire alarm system, elevators and medical gas systems. Works with and assists other trades in completing required tasks.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Inspects and services facility utilities equipment and systems. Keeps the designated Facilities Services manager informed as to the needs and / or changes required to keep the facilities infrastructure systems operating in a safe and well maintained condition.
2. Coordinates the preventative maintenance program of all utility and infrastructure systems, including chillers, boilers, cooling towers, medical gas systems, water treatment programs, water distribution systems, building management systems, emergency generators and all associated components in order to ensure the integrity and reliability of the utility distribution systems. Monitors and modifies the infrastructure and utility preventive maintenance program to assure maximum effectiveness; provides all required and appropriate documentation.
3. As assigned, works with all other divisions and departments to meet the facility infrastructure and utility maintenance, installation and construction needs; negotiates priorities, plans work schedules and job assignments. Recommends use of outside mechanical and utility specialty contractors as appropriate. Oversees and monitors outside mechanical and utility specialty contractors to assure compliance with established hospital standards.
4. Schedules and monitors utility and infrastructure maintenance repair work, alterations and renovation upgrades to the facilities utility and infrastructure systems. As assigned, oversees and monitors infrastructure construction, installation and commissioning activities. Monitors systems and installation processes to ensure the integrity of assigned infrastructure, utility and building systems.
5. Instructs personnel regarding infrastructure and utility hazards to ensure the safe operation and use of equipment. Provides guidance, direction and oversight for infrastructure and utility training. Reviews and selects continuing educational materials and offerings for infrastructure training.
6. Coordinates infrastructure and utility system parts, materials and supplies at an appropriate level within budgetary constraints. Maintains infrastructure and utility replacement schedules and records to keep within the projected capital equipment budget. Determines department specifications for all components of the hospital???s infrastructure and utility systems. Reviews materials to ensure the quality of all utility and infrastructure components for installations during construction and remodel projects. Provides input to the designated Facilities Services manager.
7. Oversees and maintains records for facility compliance with all applicable Authorities Having Jurisdiction including local, state, federal and all other regulatory codes pertaining to any and all components of the facilities infrastructure and utility systems. As required, attends annual code compliance and update training.
8. Works independently under general supervision. Fulfills responsibilities using specialized skills and knowledge. This position interacts with a wide variety of individuals including staff, co-workers, patients, physicians, visitors, regulatory agencies, surveyors, inspectors, contractors, and vendors. This position is facility based and has no budgetary responsibilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Some facilities or departments, depending on business need, may require proof of a valid driver???s license and eligibility for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
Requires three or more years of diversified work experience as a plant mechanic, stationary engineer, boiler operator, or refrigeration mechanic and the ability to demonstrate advanced skills in the field of plant operations. Must have current Boiler Operator???s License if required by the state in which employed or applicable Authorities Having Jurisdiction. Requires working knowledge and certification as required of applicable regulatory codes and State and local building codes. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. Must have working knowledge of utility and infrastructure systems and components common to the healthcare environment. Must be able to exercise independent decision making and judgment in the performance of all duties. Requires the ability to work safely and effectively with infrastructure and utility equipment. May require Universal Refrigerant handling certification. Must be proficient in reading and understanding related and required maintenance and construction documents. Effective verbal and written communication skills are required.
Must be able to work effectively with common office software programs.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Previous construction experience is preferred. Three-five years of previous healthcare Facilities Services experience is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.