Find your path in health care. We want to change the lives of those in our care ??? and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If you???re ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
The Electrician will be performing building rounds, responding to maintenance request and completing PMs.??The schedule is -8am-4:30pm at Banner Corporate in Mesa.
The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we???re excited about what the future holds for health care. That???s why we???re changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. If you???re ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for electrical maintenance, construction, and repair including but not limited to switchboards, lighting devices, and modification of existing electrical instillations to the medical center electrical distribution system. Reviews contracted electrical work for code compliance and compatibility to existing electrical components. Conducts regular tests and maintains all required documentation for the operation of the hospital emergency generators. Works with and assists other trades in completing required tasks.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Installs, designs, and maintains new electrical wiring, panel boards, switchgear, fuses, lighting fixtures and their associated control circuits, heating devices, motors and motor control centers. Ensures strict adherence to all safety rules and regulations. Performs electrical duties working on various voltages up to 480v. Keeps the designated Facilities Services manager informed as to the needs and / or changes required to keep the facilities electrical systems operating in a safe and well maintained condition.
2. Maintains, repairs, and modifies electrical circuits utilizing various meters and test equipment. Coordinates the preventative maintenance of all electrical distribution systems, including the emergency generators in order to ensure the integrity and reliability of the emergency electrical distribution system. Monitors and modifies the electrical PM program to assure maximum effectiveness; provides all required and appropriate documentation.
3. Works with all other divisions and departments to meet the facility electrical maintenance, installation and construction needs; negotiates priorities, plans work schedules and job assignments. Orders needed material, parts and supplies. Recommends use of outside electrical specialty contractors as appropriate. Oversees and monitors outside electrical specialty contractors to assure compliance with established hospital standards.
4. Troubleshoots and monitors electrical maintenance repair work, alterations and renovation upgrades to the facilities electrical systems. As assigned, monitors electrical construction, installation and commissioning activities. Monitors systems and installation processes to ensure the integrity of assigned Life Safety systems.
5. Maintains stock levels of materials and parts at an appropriate level within budgetary constraints. Maintains electrical repair and replacement schedules and records to keep within the projected budget. Reviews materials to ensure the quality of all components for electrical installations during construction and remodel projects. Provides input to the designated Facilities Services manager.
6. Maintains facility compliance with all applicable Authorities Having Jurisdiction including local, state, federal and all other regulatory codes pertaining to any and all components of the facilities electrical distribution systems. Attends annual code compliance and update training.
7. Incumbents in this position work independently under general supervision and fulfill responsibilities using specialized skills and knowledge. This position interacts with a wide variety of individuals including staff, co-workers, patients, physicians, visitors, regulatory agencies, surveyors, inspectors, contractors, and vendors. This position is facility based and has no budgetary responsibilities.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge. Must have a current license as required by the state or authorities having jurisdiction. Requires working knowledge and certification as required of applicable regulatory codes and State and local building codes.
Some facilities or departments, depending on business need, may require proof of a valid driver???s license and eligibility for coverage under the company auto insurance policy.
This position requires knowledge and skills normally demonstrated with at least 3 years of diversified work experience as an electrician. Must have working knowledge of electrical systems and components common to the healthcare environment. Must be able to exercise independent decision making and judgment in the performance of all duties. Requires the ability to work safely and effectively with all voltages up to 480v. Must be proficient in reading and understanding related and required maintenance and construction documents. Good verbal and written communication skills are required.
Must be able to work effectively with commonly used office software programs.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Previous construction experience is preferred. 3-5 years of previous healthcare facility work experience is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.