This position exists to fulfill the duties required by the Master Electrician of Record for SCTCC by practicing electrical code knowledge to meet code requirements and priorities, schedule and work independently with minimum supervision to satisfy the electrical needs of the college.
RESPONSIBILITIESINCLUDE, BUTARENOTLIMITED TO THEFOLLOWING:
· Maintain and repair electrical and mechanical system equipment.
· Inspect, troubleshoot, and diagnose malfunctions of the electrical distribution systems of the College.
· Order supplies and parts needed for proper inventory to meet the need of the electrical system
· Respond immediately to plant electrical emergencies
· Provide electrical connection for plant and program equipment to meet existing electrical codes
· Properly install cables and wiring needed for in-house computer systems
· Maintain the in-plant fire alarm and energy management systems
· Must have a Minnesota Class A Master Electrical License
· Knowledge and experience to maintain and repair high-voltage electrical system
· Knowledge to read electrical schematics for the repair of building mechanical equipment and repair of program equipment.
· Ability to read building blueprints for the purpose of troubleshooting building electrical needs and new commercial construction.
· Ability to operate backhoe, bucket truck, and trenching equipment for the purpose of repairing underground wiring and the grounds lighting systems
· Ability to service H.V.A.C. heating and air-conditioning equipment
· Be registered with the State of Minnesota as Master Electrician of Record
· Ability to coordinate work and projects with other trades and contractors
· Ability to plan, design, lay out, direct, and check work performed by project or contract electricians
· 2 – 3 years of commercial/construction installation
· Knowledge and ability to operate and maintain energy management system
· Report to work regularly and on time.
· Communicate with others in a cooperative and respectful manner.
· Ability to work inside or outside in adverse weather.
· Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time.
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
· Ability to work on a ladder or scaffold
PHYSICALREQUIREMENTS, with or without accommodations:
o Ability to perform work that requires the following lifting/carrying strengths:
o Heavy work with 100 lb. maximum and 50lb (or more) frequently
o Ability to perform in a work environment which may include the following physical functions:
o Frequent: Standing, walking, lifting above shoulder, lifting waist to chest, lifting below waist, carrying, pushing, pulling, twisting/pivot, reaching, simple grasp, fine manipulation, feeling, talking, hearing, depth perception, color vision, and field of vision.
o Occasional: Sitting, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, squatting, tasting/smelling, near vision (up to 20), midrange vision, and far vision (over 20).
o Ability to perform in a work environment that may include the following environmental conditions:
o More than 20% of the time: Exposure to weather, atmospheric conditions, moving mechanical parts, and electric shock.
o Less than 20% of the time: Extreme cold, extreme heat, wet and/or humid, and vibration.
**This position is assigned to work at the workplace. A requirement for this position is proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or, if the employee does not submit proof of full COVID-19 vaccination, they must undergo mandatory COVID-19 testing at least weekly. Full policy found at: https://mn.gov/mmb-stat/policies/1446-covid19testingvaccination.pdf
The work location is in the heart of beautiful central Minnesota; just an hour from the Twin Cities. Benefits include excellent low cost and low deductible health and dental insurance, retirement package, and tuition waiver benefit (after three years of employment). St. Cloud Technical & Community College is proud to be a Minnesota Yellow Ribbon Agency.