Taylor Electric Cooperative, Inc is seeking a qualified Journeyman or Apprentice level Electrician to provide excellent service to our members. As a distribution cooperative, we serve our members beyond providing reliable power, by offering troubleshooting services and education to our members. A successful Journeyman or Apprentice Electrician for the Cooperative possesses solid customer service skills with the ability to apply in-depth electrical knowledge and technical thinking to daily tasks. Most work will take place individually and sometimes with a helper; however, strong communication skills are required to work efficiently with the team. Must have the ability to explain complex ideas. Members and safety are a top priority for this position; on-the-job training will be provided.
During large outages, this position may be required to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays, as well as, handle high-stress situations. Typical hours of work are ten (10) hour days, four (4) days a week beginning at 7:30 am and ending at 5:30 pm.
Knowledge and Experience • Basic computer skills are required. • For Apprentice level - Two-year apprenticeship under a licensed Master Electrician with an electrical apprentice license and enrollment in a state-approved apprenticeship program is preferred. • For Journeyman level the following is required - Five years of qualified experience as a working electrician, or equivalent combined education and experience • Must be willing and able to achieve Journeyman to Master level status (depending on current level) within a reasonable period if deemed necessary.
Certifications/Licenses • Must possess a valid Apprentice or Journeyman level Electrician permit/license in the state of Texas • Must possess a current Texas commercial driver’s license (CDL) and maintain an insurable driving record • Must be able to complete and pass CPR and First Aid training
Additional Salary Information: • Medical - $77 per pay period for entire family on a 100% deductible-funded HSA plan, other options available. Eligible 1st of month after 30 day of service
• Dental - $5 per pay period for entire family. Eligible 1st of month after 30 day of service
• Pension - paid 100% by Coop with a 2.0% benefit level / 62 yo plan; eligible after 1 year.
• 401(k) - Match up to 4% on full salary; eligible after 1 year.
• Basic Life - 4x annual salary paid 100% by Coop
• Long-term Disability - 13 week/50%/No SS Offset paid 100% by Coop
• Life Insurance - Additional $40k policy paid 100% by Coop
• 10 Paid Holidays
• Paid Vacation & Sick Leave
• Four day work week (6:30 a to 5:00 p; M-TR or T-FR)
• Annual Stipend for cell phone and boots (if required)
• Service awards every 5 years of service
• On-site fitness facility - free for entire family
• Company Parties
• Facility usage (Banquet area, dumpster, ice machine)
• Covered Parking
• Free Coffee!!!