The Director for the UCDH Facilities Development Program provides guidance and leadership for the planning, design and construction of the new inpatient replacement bed tower, outpatient ambulatory surgery center, infrastructure and related projects necessary to complete the program, using the Integrated Project Delivery process.
To view full job description and submit an on-line application visit UC Davis Career Opportunities at:
Requisition number #053966
The University of California, Davis is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
• California licensed architect, professional engineer, civil, structural engineer, mechanical, electrical, surveyor and/or
• Certification from Construction Manager of America (CMA), Design-Build Institute of America (DBIA) or Lean Construction Institute (LCI).
• Extensive years of senior management experience in design and construction of complex large construction projects and programs.
• Proven leadership skills that include work with complex organizations and large projects.
• Clear communicator with a strong grasp of political and organizational dynamics.
• A background in architecture, engineering, contract management, project planning, or as a builder is required.
• Superior skills in the financial management of large scale construction projects.
• Experience with the risk/reward structure of various types of design and construction contracts and how a contract's structure supports the project's goals.
• Knowledge of clinical health care facilities operations.
• Working knowledge and understanding of Integrated Project Delivery and Lean Construction Techniques.
• Working knowledge of regulatory requirements including CA Title 24, OSHPD and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
• Experience supervising personnel including recruitment, training, work assignment, setting expectations, evaluating performance and initiating reward or corrective action as required.
• Extensive knowledge of current project and construction costs and experience with industry standard cost estimating systems.
• Financial skills to prepare, monitor, and manage detailed project budgets, evaluate independent cost estimates, and review and approve payment requests.
• Extensive knowledge of typical design and construction sequences and durations necessary to prepare, monitor, and manage detailed project schedules.
• Extensive knowledge of architectural, engineering, and construction practices; familiarity with California and applicable building codes and regulations; and professional design experience to effectively direct and review the preparation of design and construction documents, review and approve contractor submittals, and to effectively resolve field problems during construction.
• Construction administration experience and skills to monitor contractor operations for conformance to contract documents and applicable codes, review and negotiate contractor claims, oversee work of inspectors and testing agencies, and actively assist contractors and design teams in the resolution of technical and procedural problems.
• Experience with design and construction contracts, contract law, public contracting code, and construction claim procedures. Draft modifications to standard agreements consistent with Regents policy and in coordination with legal counsel.
• Leadership and managerial skills to direct several professional teams working on unique and technically difficult projects in a complex administrative environment.
• Experience as a project manager of institutional major capital projects with leadership responsibility for budgets, schedules and team coordination.
• Working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, scheduling, project management and document management database programs. Microsoft Word, Excel, Project, Outlook and Windows operating environment.
• Health care project experience a strong plus.
• Academic Medical Center experience a strong plus.
• Higher Education experience is a plus.
• Knowledge and understanding of University and campus policies, procedures, practices, and resources to direct project processes and procedures
• THIS POSITION MAY BE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION, DRUG SCREEN, LIVE SCAN FINGERPRINTING, MEDICAL EVALUATION CLEARANCE, AND FUNCTIONAL CAPACITY ASSESSMENT