Building Services at The University of Tennessee at Martin is currently accepting applications for an electrician. The normal work schedule is Monday through Friday, 7:30 AM – 4:00 PM, but shift is subject to change (40 hours per week). This is a full-time position with benefits.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to installing, maintaining and repairing campus electrical, fire alarm and clock systems and performing all standard duties of an electrician necessary to maintain the facilities.
Job Duties Include:
* Install or repair electrical outlets, lighting fixtures, conduit, wiring, motor controllers and related equipment in accordance with the National Electrical Code.
* Determine methods and sequence of operations required to locate, design, install, repair and modify electrical systems by interpreting blueprints and schematic diagrams.
* Ability to work overtime when required and to adjust work schedule to the needs of the department when necessary.
* Cut, thread, bend, and install conduit; pull wire; and tie-in panels to support University construction and maintenance efforts.
* Disassemble, clean, repair, and reassemble a variety of electrical appliances, controls and equipment following established procedures.
* Follow a schedule of preventive maintenance on equipment and circuits to check proper operation, loose connections, overheating, leaking, insulation, arcing, alignment, lubrication, and vibration.
* Perform inspections and repairs on fire alarm systems on campus, including the repair/replacement of the fire alarm panel, pull stations, smoke detectors and other devices related to the fire detection system in the building.
* Diagnose and correct malfunctions in interior and exterior electrical circuits.
* Perform other related duties as required.
Internal Number: 157625
About University of Tennessee at Martin
The primary purpose of the University of Tennessee at Martin is to provide a quality undergraduate education in a traditional collegiate atmosphere characterized at all levels by close collaboration among students, faculty and staff. In addition, the university is dedicated to meeting lifelong educational needs by providing graduate programs, distance-learning opportunities and other creative endeavors. Furthermore, the university is committed to advancing the regional and global community through scholarly activities, research and public service.