The InterNational Electrical Testing Association (NETA) is a non-profit trade association of leading electrical testing companies comprised of visionaries who are committed to advancing the industry's standards for power system installation and maintenance to ensure the highest level of reliability and safety. Services offered include accreditation of third-party electrical testing firms and certification of electrical testing technicians.
NETA is seeking a high-energy, results-oriented Membership Director to join our team. The primary focus of the role is strategizing and implementing activities and services that provide value to our members and promote membership retention and growth. The ideal candidate will have demonstrated experience growing membership networks and serving as a key liaison within an association.
Employment for NETA is powered through JAMS Management Services, Inc, a small association management located in Portage, Michigan and a dedicated partner and collaborator of NETA. This position is based full-time at JAMS Management Services headquarters.
- Shaping the future of the association through strategic planning and vision execution
- Working with the Executive Director and other department leaders to developing long and short-term membership development plans, benchmarks, and budgets
- Planning and coordinating marketing activities to build awareness of association’s brand including development of association materials for membership recruitment
- Understanding the policies and philosophies defining a NETA Accredited Company and using that knowledge to expand the membership; responsible for ongoing review of membership policies and standards
- Researching, building, and organizing membership prospect lists and managing membership and prospect database
- Administering all aspects of the new member lifecycle including responding to membership/certification inquires, processing applications, evaluating potential members, and working with Member Services for new member integration
- Serving as the Staff Liaison with the Membership Chair, Application, and Member Review Committees; responsible for annual peer review of current member companies
- Evaluating membership activities with a critical eye towards program improvement, development, and efficiency
Skills and Abilities
In addition to the above responsibilities, candidates should exemplify the following traits and abilities.
- Ability to independently organize, plan, and prioritize workload involving multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively cultivate relationships with a wide range of individuals
- Experience prospecting/cold-calling into new business
- Facility with time and process management; high attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to research and analyze data and utilize knowledge to plan and execute membership development plans
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with additional skill in presenting to various audiences, stakeholders and leaders
- Advanced skills in utilizing the Microsoft Business Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Four year Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Prior experience and/or understanding of the electrical testing industry desired
As our Membership Director, you’ll enjoy competitive compensation and ample opportunity for creativity and initiative. For confidential consideration, please send cover letter, salary requirements and resume to Dany Bourjolly Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.