Poudre Valley Hospital
80 hours/pay period (bi-weekly)
At UCHealth, we do things differently
We believe in something different: a focus on the individuality of every person. In big ways and small, we exist to improve the extraordinary lives of all those we serve. As Colorado's largest and most innovative health care system, we as a team deliver on the commitment to provide the best possible experience for our patients and their families. We foster a true human connection and give people the freedom to live extraordinary lives. A career at UCHealth is more than a job, it's a passion.
Install, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair electrical circuits, appliances, systems, facilities, and related electrical controls and devices.
- Install disconnects, lights, devices, and electrical panels. Install motors, motor control circuits, electrical systems in hazardous locations, and transformers.
- Install battery banks, battery charges, and switch gear.
- Install intrusion alarm systems and grounding systems in general facilities.
- Performs periodic operations, maintenance, and supervision of generators and switch gear relays, and control switches.
- Troubleshoot switch gear circuits, voltage regulators, and control switches.
- Replace circuit components to include instruments meter, voltage regulators, surge protectors, relays, and control switches.
- Troubleshoot motors and motor control circuit across the line starters, reduce voltage starters (auto transformer, resister), reversing starters, and electrical systems in hazardous locations, battery banks, and battery chargers.
- Plan, estimate, and commission new installations or renovations of electrical systems or equipment.
- Within scope of job, requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment, and take appropriate action.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- High School diploma or GED. Trade specific education.
- 3 years of direct experience
- State licensure as Journeyman Electrician.
Going beyond quality requires the perfect balance of talent, integrity, drive and intellectual curiosity. We are looking for individuals who recognize, like us, that the world of medicine is ever-changing and are motivated to do what is right, not what is easy. We support creativity and curiosity so that each of us can find the extraordinary qualities within ourselves. At UCHealth, we'll do everything in our power to make sure you grow and have a meaningful career. There's no limits to your potential here.
Be Extraordinary. Join Us Today!
The University of Colorado Health (UCHealth) system recognizes and appreciates the rich array of talents and perspectives that equal employment and diversity can offer our institution. As an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, UCHealth is committed to making all employment decisions based on valid requirements. No applicant shall be discriminated against in any terms, conditions or privileges of employment or otherwise be discriminated against because of the individual's race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin or ancestry, age, mental or physical disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information or veteran status. UCHealth does not discriminate against any "qualified applicant with a disability" as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act and will make reasonable accommodations, when they do not impose an undue hardship on the organization.