George Mason University
Assistant Master Electrician, HPAC
The George Mason University Hylton Performing Arts Center (HPAC) seeks an Assistant Master Electrician to provide comprehensive stage lighting engineering and execution of stage lighting elements for all activities and events within HPAC, comprising the subscription series, Mason activities, rental, and other activities as scheduled in all Hylton spaces. George Mason University has a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff, and strongly encourages candidates to apply who will enrich Mason’s academic and culturally inclusive environment.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute lighting and electrical elements for Hylton Center;
- Responsible for carrying out daily task assigned by the Master Electrician (ME), as well as occasional supervision of part-time crew during work calls;
- Work with the ME to maintain inventory throughout the center; and
- Work with rental customers to develop and implement lighting and rigging solutions for their events.
- B.A. in theater, or equivalent professional experience in stage electrics, event lighting, and theatrical lighting and video experience;
- Knowledge of stage lighting control and dimming technology, technical theatre, music, drama, and dance idioms;
- Proficiency to meet lighting and electrical requirements of varied performance artists, musicians, dancers, etc.;
- Ability to set up, operate, and maintain complex lighting systems and configurations within a culturally diverse performing arts venue; and
- Intermediate or higher lighting engineering experience or training, with demonstrated live operation experience.
- Knowledge in Vectorworks or Lightwright is preferred.
For full consideration, applicants must apply for position number 09662z at http://jobs.gmu.edu by May 12, 2017; complete and submit the online application; and upload a cover letter, resume, and a list of three professional references with contact information.
George Mason University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, committed to promoting inclusion and equity in its community. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.