NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Electrician Mechanic.
This position is responsible for performing the duties peculiar to and normally required by the trade of an electrician. Responsible for following procedures and techniques of the electrical trade throughout the Medical Center.
- Responsible for providing foreman inventory of material use for specific jobs and supplies management. Estimates materials, time expand and material needed for each work order as required.
- Installs various types of electrical equipment conduits, electrical devices, motors, lighting fixtures and heating equipment. Replaces 110v receptacles, switches and florescent ballasts. Replaces light bulbs and tubes. Repairs light fixtures. Investigates status of equipment. Replaces fuses (low voltage). Checks outlets; trace electric circuits, etc.
- Replaces all electrical systems, fixtures and appliances faulty switches, sockets, plugs, fuses, insulators, gears, brushings, bearings, wires and other elements of elements of electrical systems. Provides guidance and directions regarding trade techniques when working with an assigned helper.
- Responsible for understanding electrical symbols. Reads and writes electrical symbols. Accurately reads and understands all electrical drawing as requested.
- Repairs, tests, replaces and installs electrical circuits and equipment. Examines and tests elements of electrical systems to locate obvious faults, such as blown fuses, defective transformers, inoperative relays, short circuits, broken wires, loose connections, worn motor brushes and inoperative motor starters. Replaces faulty switches, sockets, plugs, fuses, insulators, gears, brushings, bearings, wires and other elements of elements of electrical systems, fixtures and appliances. Installation of various types of conduits, electrical devices, motors, lighting fixtures and heating equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have five years of experience. Trade or vocational school graduation shall reduce the requirement to four years.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.