| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
The schedule is Monday-Friday 7:45 a.m.-4:15 p.m.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Maintenance Operations Department. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
Perform those tasks which will maintain the campus physical facilities in order to support the teaching and research mission of the University including but not limited to:
- Pro-actively identifying, communicating and addressing needs without direction when appropriate.
- Respond to work orders and other requests in a timely, efficient, competent, knowledgeable and friendly manner.
- Maintain data per departmental policy.
- Utilizing materials, supplies, tools and other University property in a safe, productive manner.
- To perform other duties as assigned.
- High school graduate required, technical school training in maintenance related courses strongly preferred.
- 24 hour availability for emergencies and willingness to work overtime.
- A journeyman level electrician or equivalent with a working knowledge of single and three phase electrical systems and equipment, up to and including 480V. The successful mechanic must have a proven history of successfully maintaining and troubleshooting the listed systems. In addition, they must have a working knowledge of the electrical code and of OSHA requirements
- Ability to communicate and work effectively/appropriately with members of the campus community and other employees within Facilities.
- Understands the importance of satisfying the needs of the campus community (customer oriented) and providing value to the University.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints.
- Capable of doing extensive walking, climbing stairs/ladders, lifting/carrying up to 50 lbs. and other similar physical activity.
- Must be willing to provide one’s own hand tools.
- Must have a State of Missouri Class E or above driver’s license or the equivalent from another state prior to employment.
- Must have a history of exceptional customer service and a desire to exceed customer expectations.
- Ability to do work in fast paced environment alone and a proven history of doing what it takes to keep the customer happy.
Offers made for this position are contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment screens, including a criminal background check, and verification of required professional licenses, registrations, or certifications.
- Retirement Savings Plan
- 10 vacation days
- 8 Paid Holidays
- Sick Time
- Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
- Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
- Free Life Insurance
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Flex Spending Plan
- Other Benefits
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
The hiring range for this position is $28.41 per hour.