The mission of Hidden Valley 4-H Camp is to provide youth with a fun, residential camp experience under the guidance of positive role models that emphasize community building, positive social interactions, environmental awareness and skill building. The General Maintenance is responsible for the maintenance and cleaning of camp buildings, grounds, and equipment. This is a part-time position and temporary summer position.
The summer camp season for the Head of Maintenance include 2 weeks of pre-camp set up and 6 weeks of residential camp that run from Sunday morning to Friday evening each week. Specific dates are July 9 to August 18, 2017. The Head of Maintenance will be required to work all Sundays to prepare camp for Sunday Registration, Alumni Weekend and the 2 Stay over Weekends. The Head of Maintenance will also assist in the closing of camp through the weekend of August 18, 29 and 20. The Head of Maintenance will participate in the Pre-Camp walk through with the Watkins Glen State Park on June 26, 2017.
This position will end on Monday, August 21 after all work is complete following the final walk through with the State Park.
III. Specific Responsibilities
- Maintain equipment, grounds and buildings of the camp including the removal of garbage. Clean all bathrooms, showers & dining hall entry way daily according to State Park and Department of Health guidelines
- Maintain duties as Safety inspector
- Check smoke detectors, fire extinguishers, and making sure all doors are clear.
- Supervise and work with Summer Youth Bureau Employees assigned to daily cleaning of camp following specific guidelines of Youth Bureau
- Report general conditions of camp property including cabins, dishwasher, water system and equipment to Camp Director, who will then contact the State Park Office if necessary
- Keep inventory of supplies and reorder through Head Chef
- Monitor expenditures and ensure compliance with budget.
- Support and embrace diversity in all interactions with campers, other staff members, volunteers and parents.
- Supervise and actively participate in the opening and closing of camp
- Other duties may be assigned as required
- 21 years of age or older
- Ability to effectively communicate with the Camp Director, Assistant Director and Head Chef.
- Ability to organize work efficiently in general maintenance and cleaning of camp
- Ability to work weekends
- Carpentry, electrical, and plumbing skills
- Ability to supervise and organize youth and adults
- Valid U.S. Driver's License, subject to motor vehicle check
- Good character
How To Apply: Applicants (including current employees of other Cornell Cooperative Extension Associations) must apply online through the APPLY button in this job posting. Current employees of Schuyler County Cornell Cooperative Extension Association are considered internal applicants and must apply online through their Workday account which may be accessed here: http://workday.cornell.edu/
IMPORTANT! All applicants must submit a COVER LETTER (please reference the position you are applying for) and a RESUME. Please indicate in your cover letter, resume, or other document three individuals who may be contacted as REFERENCES.
Please consider indicating in your application all information you feel would be helpful for selection committee members to know. Once the application is submitted you will NOT be able to change your submission or add attachments. Be sure that you have followed all directions and requirements listed in the job posting.
All applications must be received on-line by February 1, 2017. Position closing dates may change based on Association needs.
The Association may make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants to participate in the hiring process and employees to perform the essential functions of their job. If you require an accommodation so you may participate in the selection process you are encouraged to contact Cornell Cooperative Extension Administrative Systems at (607) 255-2117, or via email at: email@example.com.
For additional questions, please contact Jennifer Sweet, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title:Association Tmp Camp Custodian
Level:No Grade - Annual
Pay Rate Type:Salary
Contact Name:Kathy Wren
Number of Openings:0
Cornell Cooperative Extension is a collaboration among Cornell University, the United States Department of Agriculture, the State of New York, and the residents of New York State. Per NYS Law, county and regional extension service associations are subordinate government agencies. This employment opportunity is with the entities listed and not with Cornell University.
Cornell Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. Individuals who bring a diverse perspective and are support of diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.